This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Kitri

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 balletstar811

balletstar811

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 07:44 PM

I have noticed that the ballerina who plays Kitri always has very dark hair. This is probably because it is a Spanish ballet, but I just love the role of Kitri and because I have blonde hair would I not be chosn to be her [in a company]? (if I were a principal of course!)

#2 Victoria Leigh

Victoria Leigh

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 07:46 PM

Ever heard of wigs, balletstar? ;) But all Spaniards do not have dark hair. There actually are blonds there too :)

#3 su-lian

su-lian

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 01:55 AM

I have seen blonde Kitris (Letestu, and Dupont who isn't blonde but doesn't have very dark hair...) before so why not?

#4 silvy

silvy

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 12:55 PM

and what would you say of RED hair???? I am of Italian descent, have natural black hair but have dyed it red (it is in fashion nowadays - at least here)

silvy

#5 su-lian

su-lian

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 02:23 PM

I suppose I would say it depends on what sort of red, but probably why not?

#6 Old Fashioned

Old Fashioned

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 03:11 PM

I've seen people of different ethnicities other than Hispanic (or people who look like they could pass for being Spanish) dance the role. Last year, Lauren Anderson was featured in it and in the new issue of Pointe it has photos of Yuan Yuan Tan performing in Don Q.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):