This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Right now subscriptions are on sale for half price, $74.50 for a year. That would work out to $6.21 per month. You can browse the available titles in the library and decide whether there's enough there to make the investment worth your while. Admittedly, there are a lot more concerts there than ballets, and lord knows there's a ton of legit classical music to be had on YouTube - more than I could hope to watch. So I think it boils down to whether the platform has specific titles that you would like to watch.

I don't know how Medici TV is faring, but big year-end discounts are common for technology subscriptions. It was the same thing with the VPN service I used to have. Right now it's offering a 69% discount.

As for arts streaming platforms, there was a bit of a kerfuffle surrounding the Digital Theatre platform when it changed its subscription model a number of years ago, and people who had purchased lifetime streaming rights to individual productions were told they'd have to subscribe instead. But Digital Theatre still exists.