This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Wednesday, November 29

dirac

A dancer leaves Syracuse City Ballet's Nutcracker after an "uncomfortable encounter" with the artistic director.

“She kept saying things along the lines of I’ve been hearing that people are talking bad about the company and are bad-mouthing me and the rehearsal director and that we don’t know how to run rehearsals and she kept implying that she thought it was me that was saying that stuff, which it was not,” said Wilder.

Wilder says she couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

A ballet teacher accused of having sex with students and other sexual offenses testifies in court.

A video was shown to the jury of a pas de deux class from 2009-10, where male and female dancers worked closely together.

Barton said part of his job was to "highlight danger points for them".

When asked if corrections occurred without prior consent, Barton said: "Yes, that's how the school operated. That's how every ballet environment I have been in since I was 10 years old operated."

Two lawsuits are filed against Richmond Ballet by former students.

A Richmond Circuit Court Judge on Oct. 25 ruled that one of the plaintiffs had not provided “sufficient facts to support” many of the lawsuit’s claims. The judge dismissed several of the claims with prejudice, but allowed claims of battery and assault to proceed.

The dismissals, which had been requested by the Richmond Ballet, allowed for the plaintiff to amend some but not all of the claims and bring them again.

The Macomb Ballet Company kicks off its forty-first season with "The Nutcracker."

“We have close to 100 people total, performing in the show, along with countless volunteers,” said the director of the company that provides performing experience for talented young dancers.

The company’s quality, community-based and youth oriented performances and formal concerts not only highlight local talent but provide reaching, educating and enriching opportunities for audiences throughout Southeast Michigan.