This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Akram Khan's Jungle Book Reimagined

Just saw Akram Khan's Jungle Book Reimagined at  Lincoln Center's Jazz at Lincoln Center site. Very impressive in many ways - conception, effects, choreography, quality of dancing. Anyone else see it? I thought it really worked as a theatrical production.  I went because I received a flyer in the mail, enjoyed Khan's Giselle and it was a "choose what you want to pay" event! IMO as compared to many new choreographers I've seen in recent years at NYCB and ABT, Khan leaves them in the dust.

8 hours ago, Drew said:

A relative saw it in Chicago and loved it--I'm bummed I still haven't seen his company and have only seen the Giselle for ENB on video.

The dancers are wonderful. Clean, clear, musical, beautiful  movers. One thing that surprised me was how few dancers were in this production. I only realized that when they took their bow at the end. Just 10 dancers. Somehow when they moved in unison, covered space and spread across the stage It felt like a horde!