This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Taylor Swift Dancers

I just watched an hour long (approx.) video of a Taylor Swift concert. It’s the first glimpse of one of these that I’ve had.

Something that impressed me very much was her use of dancers. They weaved through the entire performance. One of the dance sequences was particularly impressive for its combination of pop/rock essence and its fine artistic quality.

Taylor Swift may be opening the door to ‘pop/rock’ theater. I hope that high quality dance and refined artistry, along with contemporary attraction (a rock video can get millions(!) of viewers), will be a part of it.

In regard to my previous post, if I ever bump into her on the internet, she does communicate there, I might suggest that she includes Oxana Skorik, performing The Swan, in one of her shows. Until then we might have to settle for this. Not bad.

Her remarkable progress, shown at the end of the video, shows that she’s made great strides towards becoming a world class ballerina.

And interestingly, the world population is 8 billion. So if on 'average,' everyone who's watched this video has watched it at least ten times, that would be around 300 million. Whatever the numbers, I do have to admit to finding her rather lovable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

Edited by Buddy
comments added

Many pop music artists include dance in their stage shows, especially the big arena projects.  I'm looking forward to seeing the concert film of Beyonce's "Renaissance" tour -- friends who went to the live show have some great things to say about the dancing...

20 hours ago, sandik said:

Many pop music artists include dance in their stage shows, especially the big arena projects.  I'm looking forward to seeing the concert film of Beyonce's "Renaissance" tour -- friends who went to the live show have some great things to say about the dancing...

Thanks, Sandik.

If Beyonce needs a Guest Dancer, she might look here. Start at 1:25.

Edited by Buddy
"Reason for edit" -- I'm not telling