This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

CNN special on Ukrainian Ballet aired yesterday

Tumi

The Whole Story with Anderson Cooper Profiles Ukrainian Ballet in “Ukraine: Dancing in Defiance” with CNN’s Christiane Amanpour

EPISODE PREMIERES SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 17 AT 8PM ET/PT

Promo: https://youtu.be/jM8FBxKckUE

NEW YORK, NY – (September 11, 2023) – The Whole Story with Anderson Cooper, a CNN Original, continues with the remarkable story of Ukrainian ballet dancers who faced the wrenching decision to either leave their homes and show the world the face of Ukrainian culture, or stay behind to continue performing in a war zone. Featuring reporting from CNN’s Chief International Anchor Christiane Amanpour, “Ukraine: Dancing in Defiance” premieres on Sunday, September 17 at 8pm ET/PT.

Does anyone know how to watch this if you dont have TV/CNN?

I really enjoyed this program and assume they'll be repeating it during the week several times.

They didn't mention that they premiered their Giselle in September in London, months before the Kennedy Center engagement that they focused on. I guess they can only do so much in a program like this! They also didn't mention that this is the reconstruction that Ratmansky did for Bolshoi back in 2019, but that would have complicated the story too much for general audiences!

From the press release - looks like it might end up on Max eventually. If you have HBO then you should have Max.

The Whole Story with Anderson Cooper will stream live for pay TV subscribers via CNN.com, CNN connected TV and mobile apps on Sunday, September 17. “Ukraine: Dancing in Defiance” will be available on demand beginning Monday, September 18, 2023 to pay TV subscribers via CNN.com, CNN connected TV and mobile apps, and Cable Operator Platforms. Past episodes of The Whole Story are available to stream now on Max.

1 hour ago, California said:

They didn't mention that they premiered their Giselle in September in London

It premiered in the Netherlands before that. I guess this was kind of implied by the sequence of auditorium photos by Oleksii Kniazkov, but I think the narration used the phrase "most consequential" to describe the performances in Washington, simply because it's Washington, and Ratmansky himself described the Kennedy Center as one of the world's great stages.