This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Sunday, July 16

dirac

Chambersburg Ballet appoints a new artistic director.

Grant has been the Assistant Artistic Director and Artist-in-Residence of Movement on Main Center for Dance in Zanesville, Ohio since 2018 and the Artistic Director of Midwest Repertory Ballet, a professional ballet company he founded in 2021. He has been a professional dancer, ballet master, choreographer and instructor for the past 18 years. 

“I’m really excited to take the skills I’ve learned during my career and build on the solid foundation that Lavinia [Reid] has built in providing high quality classical ballet instruction and performance art to the greater Chambersburg community,” Grant said. 

Q&A with Carlos Acosta.

How did you choose the parts you are going to dance?

Obviously, I cannot do everything I would like to do at this point. I have selected pieces like Balanchine’s Apollo and Act II of Swan Lake that give an idea of who I was, and yet I can still have dignity doing. I was playing with doing the balcony pas de deux of Romeo and Juliet but that would have been way too much. I have to do it in a way that I can still walk off, and you don’t have to call an ambulance.