This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Jacob’s Pillow Summer Festival

Hoping for some guidance if any of you have been to the Pillow in recent or even not recent years. I’ve only been once and that was many years ago. I have tickets for the outdoor stage at 6:00pm then the main stage at 8:00pm (Dutch National Ballet). Wondering if one hour between performances is enough time to do the full service dinner at the cafe. Or is a quick bite at the pub a better choice? Am I right in remembering there are picnic tables available to use for the pub takeout? Any dining suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! 

The one time I went to the full-service dinner before the performance, they were so slow that we had to actually run to the performance, the food was not even mediocre, and we barely had time to eat what we ordered.This was several years ago (pre-pandemic) and I don't know if they are still using the same caterer/staff, but I wouldn't go back. In my opinion, the best option is takeout or a picnic from home that you can eat on the benches or a picnic table, followed by the pub, with the tent in last place.

I was at Jacob's Pillow last summer and learned that post-pandemic they began working with a new food service/caterer. I believe that, like so many other businesses, they had a hard time hiring sufficient wait-staff, so service was sometimes slow under the tent. Even assuming it will be better this year, I would not recommend trying to squeeze in a full service dinner between shows.  Plan to bring your own picnic, or buy a sandwich and a gin-and-tonic at the pub. 

I also have tickets for the Dutch National Ballet - looking forward to it!