This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Wednesday, April 26

dirac

Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino create another dance-themed series.

Titled “Étoile,” the series will take place in both New York and Paris. Each season will consist of eight episodes. The official logline states that the show “follows the dancers and artistic staff of two world-renowned ballet companies, as they embark on an ambitious gambit to save their storied institutions by swapping their most talented stars.”

The Sarasota Ballet is invited to perform works by Ashton in London.

“When I first got the invitation, I was excited and then a little concerned,” said Webb, adding that he worried about the potential cost in a conversation with Executive Director Joseph Volpe. “I was going to try to do it on a shoestring budget, but Joe’s point was that this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and we shouldn’t cut ourselves short. We should present ourselves as the foremost Ashton company in America.”

Related.

“It has been an immense pleasure to extend this invitation to our wonderful former Royal Ballet colleagues who have shown so much commitment to preserving the legacy of Frederick Ashton,” O’Hare says. “We very much look forward to welcoming Iain, Margaret and the dancers of The Sarasota Ballet to the Royal Opera House for this shared celebration of Ashton across both our stages.”

Ballet Kelowna wraps up its twentieth season.

Ballet Kelowna is presenting a double bill titled Transformations that features a work from artist in residence Cameron Fraser-Monroe, called The Cowboy Act, and Disembark by Kirsten Wicklund.

Fraser-Monroe is a member of the Tla’amin First Nation and is taking his final bow as artist in residence for Ballet Kelowna when the season is over.