This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Tuesday, April 11

dirac

A preview of Ballet Pensacola's "A Midsummer Night's Dream."

“When I was picking the piece, I wanted something that would cater to both our younger and older audiences, and I think that Shakespeare is always a good composer and writer for the stories of ballet,” said Darren McIntyre, artistic director of Ballet Pensacola. “I think [A Midsummer Night’s Dream] is entertaining, and I thought it was a good fit for this community. I wanted to have something that was whimsical and fun because those are the best kinds of ballets to create.”

Louisville Ballet dancers cope with the aftermath of the mass shooting next door.

She and the company held a meeting on Tuesday to go over resources available to the employees who may still be shaken from the tragedy that happened just next door.

“One of our studios is all glass and the window looks directly into the Old National space, and every time we pull into the parking lot we look directly at Old National,” Smart said. “It will take a long time for our staff to heal from this, for our community to heal from this.”