This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Monday, January 24

dirac

Promotions at New York City Ballet.

It started out like any other Saturday at New York City Ballet: company class followed by a day of rehearsals. But for seven dancers, it ended better than usual. Preston Chamblee, Ashley Hod, Emily Kikta, Isabella LaFreniere, Miriam Miller, Mira Nadon and Emma Von Enck, all members of the corps de ballet, were promoted to soloist.

Charlotte Ballet presents a program celebrating its founding decade of the seventies.

Now 52 years later, the company will pay homage to its robust history with “Innovative 1970,” a repertoire show featuring works by three African American choreographers: Ja’ Malik, Rena Butler and Andrés Trezevant. The show will be performed throughout February.

Noelani Pantastico retires from Pacific Northwest Ballet.

The decision to end her 25-year performing career was bittersweet, Pantastico said, in a telephone interview earlier this month: “I would have loved to dance more.” But the offer from CPYB, where Pantastico trained as a young dancer, was impossible to resist: to relocate near her family, who still live in the area, and to “be part of a place that basically gave me my career … It was intriguing to think that I could go back and be a part of making other dancers.”