This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Sunday, May 9

dirac

Q&A with Darcey Bussell.

Q: It’s a huge Charity gala – how did it come to be and how many people are involved in making it happen?

DB: it was my idea to be honest but then I had to persuade my husband to agree to work on it with me! The key element was the eight companies agreeing to collaborate, it is their gala and it will be unique. There will be 65 dancers.

A review of Smuin Contemporary Ballet by Rachel Howard for The San Francisco Chronicle.

As Fushille announced from the stage Sunday, Smuin Contemporary Ballet has booked the Lesher Center for the Arts in Walnut Creek for its holiday engagements and is planning to perform in its usual San Francisco, Mountain View and Carmel venues this fall. In the meantime, the audience was treated to this intermissionless, cleverly arranged swift and sweet program. In the first half, we watched Smuin’s dancers revive ditties by company founder Michael Smuin, who died in 2007. In the second half, we got to see the new works these dancers created on each other.