This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Hybrid Season 2020-2021

This went over my head, but Ballet Arizona must have performed its "Energy" program in February, since there was nothing on the website to note that it was cancelled, with a paid ($20) online digital option offered for 24 hours starting tomorrow, March 6, starting at 5pm MST.  There are English and Spanish versions:

https://balletaz.org/performance/energy/

Like the upcoming Balanchine excerpts program in May, in person, it's  described as a one-hour, no intermission performance, with socially distanced seating and mandatory masks, at the Dorrance Theater, to which I've never been.

Ballet Arizona is also planning a world premiere to Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons" for their summer evening series at the Arizona Botanical Garden, happily an outdoor venue.

I hope that they have permission to air the Balanchine program -- excerpts from Serenade, Divertimento No. 15 and Stravinsky Violin Concerto. -- digitally, and that they and other companies will be able to do this going forward, even when we'll all be in the theaters again.  I'd still travel to Phoenix to see the company live every year or two, but I'd love to see every rep they do, and, given the lag for digital airing, I could see it again from home.