This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Sunday, February 28

dirac

A review of the Joffrey Ballet in "Bolero" by Chris Jones in The Chicago Tribune.

Arai’s choreography is thus a piece for the camera, inevitably. The downsides of consuming balletic performance on your MacBook are obvious and have been previously explored, ad infinitum. The upsides include the revelations of close-ups in high definition and the chance to watch the dancers from above, a sort of Busby Berkeley take on the Gerald Arpino Black Box Theatre in Joffrey Tower.

Photo gallery

Idaho Ballet presents a world premiere.

The second world premiere that Ballet Idaho has commissioned from Davidson (the first was “Ghost(Light),” performed in spring of 2020), “Once Familiar” was choreographed across great distance via Zoom with Davidson residing in Zürich, Switzerland and the dancers rehearsing in Boise.

A review of the Australian Ballet's summer gala by Andrew Furhman in The Sydney Morning Herald.

It was a delight to see the Australian Ballet return to the stage after a year-long absence and an even greater delight to see them in such a festive and uncluttered gala event.

The program opened with the mass entrance of ghostly maidens from Petipa’s La Bayadère, one of the most iconic moments in all of classical ballet.

San Diego City Ballet presents a new work to "Rhapsody in Blue."

“It’s an interesting piece of music written in a unique way,” [Geoff] Gonzalez said.

“I just thought, ‘How can I make this different, and how do I create a dramatic story with two male dancers and have it be as smooth as the partnering in a male/female relationship?’ The way the choreography works, in short, is that both men find their right place in life and they are dancing to their tune. There’s a playfulness, like how two male animals might be, but it’s through dance language.”