This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Sunday, February 21

dirac

Black dancers advise Adam Sklute on diversity issues at Ballet West.

She replied to Sklute with a “very long and detailed email about the things that I thought should change,” she said. “Being able to wear brown tights, more inclusivity and acknowledging how our hair needs to be taken into consideration differently, depending on what we’re born with.”

Ricardo Graziano talks about the return of his ballet "Amorosa."

“I always end up making changes,” he said. “When we have a normal season and get to performance week, the first time we see the ballet on stage with lights and costumes, is pretty much the day before the opening performance. If there’s something I don’t like from far away, I don’t have time to change it.”

But with repeat performances, “I can fix the little things I didn’t like the first time.”

Australian Ballet dancers return to the stage.

When Summertime at the Ballet begins at Margaret Court Arena on February 26, Scott will dance the pas de deux with Adam Bull in Molto Vivace as well as an excerpt from The Merry Widow, which is a ballet she watched on repeat as a young student. The performances are among nine works to be featured in what is the company’s first production since shutting down last March.