This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Tuesday, April 28

dirac

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, promotes the Silver Swans ballet tutorials, aimed at women over 55.

She revealed she had been taking lessons for up 18 months and finds it fun in a video chat with Silver Swans ambassador Angela Rippon, of legendary Morecambe & Wise dancing fame, and Dame Darcey Bussell, president of the Royal Academy of Dance.

Smuin Ballet streams Trey McIntyre's "Oh, Inverted World."

Created to share the inspirational power of dance during the novel coronavirus pandemic, Smuin uses its Hump Day Ballet program to present a different program from its repertoire every Wednesday.

Q&A with David McAllister by Claudia Lawson for the Fjord Review.

CL: Some incredible works were put together for your final season and there’s been an unexpected halt that no one could have ever envisaged . . . what will happen?

DM: Look, I feel, at the moment, for me the most important thing is that the company and society generally comes back from this in a really healthy and positive way.  I mean, I’ve got to say I’ve had such a great time at the ballet. Having the experiences that I’ve had in the company has been celebration enough. And I think it’s really important for David [Hallberg] to be able to start his tenure at the beginning of next year and hit the ground running and have that moment to take the reins and do all the exciting things that he wants to do. So, I think this is just one of those things that’s happened.