This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Details are on the ROH news page here

https://www.roh.org.uk/news/the-royal-opera-house-launches-a-programme-of-free-online-content-for-the-culturally-curious-at-home

"This will include the following productions offered on demand and for free via the ROH’s Facebook and YouTube channels:

• Peter and the Wolf, The Royal Ballet, 2010 – 27 March 2020, 7pm GMT
  • Acis and Galatea, The Royal Opera, 2009 – 3 April 2020, 7pm BST
  • Così fan tutte, The Royal Opera, 2010 – 10 April 2020, 7pm BST
  • The Metamorphosis, The Royal Ballet, 2013 – 17 April 2020, 7pm BST

Today we begin the rollout of this free programme of curated content, and invite our audiences to sign up for a free 30-day trial on Marquee TV, the international multi-genre performing arts streaming service. In collaboration with the Royal Opera House, Marquee TV will bring you the very best of world-class performances on demand."

Acis and Galatea, if I recall correctly, has choreography by McGregor. The Metamorphosis I think must be the version by Arthur Pita. Ed Watson turns into an insect. 

Does anyone know if the Fille Mal Gardee currently streaming (Nunez and Acosta) is the same as the DVD Royal Ballet has for sale with the same leads? I ask because the DVD has been on my amazon wishlist, but now that I'm watching the stream, I find myself really annoyed at the editing! So many close ups, and badly timed ones! 

13 minutes ago, LadyCap said:

Does anyone know if the Fille Mal Gardee currently streaming (Nunez and Acosta) is the same as the DVD Royal Ballet has for sale with the same leads? I ask because the DVD has been on my amazon wishlist, but now that I'm watching the stream, I find myself really annoyed at the editing! So many close ups, and badly timed ones! 

Yes, that's the same as the DVD, which I have. 

2 minutes ago, California said:

Yes, that's the same as the DVD, which I have. 

California, do you recommend? I confess, it does seem to be getting better the further I get into the stream. (Editing wise, I mean. The dancing is sublime.) 

22 minutes ago, LadyCap said:

California, do you recommend? I confess, it does seem to be getting better the further I get into the stream. (Editing wise, I mean. The dancing is sublime.) 

There are alternative recordings for this ballet, but Acosta has now retired and I am a big Nunez fan. As Ashton isn't getting much/enough attention anymore, it seemed useful to have.