This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

La Scala 2019/20 Season

mussel

The big news is Ratmansky's reconstructed Swan Lake no more, it goes back to Nureyev's version. Did Ratmansky and La Scala have a falling out? I wish ABT would pick it up and alternate it with Kevin's version instead of the same old same old every year. But I doubt Kevin would want to cut into his royalty income.

Here's the 2019/20 reps:

Sylvia - Legris staging co-production with Vienna

Van Manen/Petit mixed reps

Madina - new full length commission

R&J - MacMillan

Swan Lake - Nureyev

Lady of Camelia

Nutcracker - Balanchine

http://www.teatroallascala.org/en/season/2019-2020/balletto/index.html

28 minutes ago, mussel said:

The big news is Ratmansky's reconstructed Swan Lake no more, it goes back to Nureyev's version. Did Ratmansky and La Scala have a falling out? I wish ABT would pick it up and alternate it with Kevin's version instead of the same old same old every year. But I doubt Kevin would want to cut into his royalty income.

Here's the 2019/20 reps:

Sylvia - Legris staging co-production with Vienna

Van Manen/Petit mixed reps

Madina - new full length commission

R&J - MacMillan

Swan Lake - Nureyev

Lady of Camelia

Nutcracker - Balanchine

http://www.teatroallascala.org/en/season/2019-2020/balletto/index.html

Very interesting! As I saw the reconstruction in Milan a couple of years ago, I think I can understand. In all the casting that I looked at,  Bolle never performed the reconstruction, nor did they have any of their usual visiting artists (Hallberg, Osipova, Nunez, e.g.). As they are doing SL next summer, maybe they felt they needed those big names to bring in tourist dollars. And it would be quite a stretch for a visiting artist to learn the reconstruction. 

But I do remember that Miami City Ballet dropped some hints on social media that they were going to stage the reconstruction in their 2020-21 season. I haven't seen any more news about this. Has anybody else? I do wish there were a good recording for purchase - so much to learn. And this was a co-production with Zurich - any word on their plans?