This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Marat Daukayev School of Ballet (Los Angeles) Losing Their Studio Space

Maria Kochetkova is alerting the ballet audience to this situation: the Marat Daukayev School of Ballet is being forced out of their studio space in Los Angeles, and may soon be without a home. 

"Marat is such a dear person to me. I’ve worked with him for many years and I consider him one of the best ballet teachers. His school @maratdaukayevballet is being forced to leave at short notice the studio where they have worked for 19 years. Finding studio space for such a big school is very difficult at short notice and in Los Angeles where real estate is so costly.
Please help us by clicking on the link in my bio to make your donation to keep dance education for children alive in Los Angeles and alive in the world"   https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv9fBLXllS6/

Donation link [PayPal and Credit Card] is at the bottom of the Marat Daukayev website ABOUT page:
http://maratdaukayev.com/about/

Methinks they'll need a crowdfunding page set up if money is a real issue. Finding a studio space in the middle of their Spring semester is obviously going to be messy. I wish them lots of luck.

Edited by pherank

Any fundraising effort needs to be high-profile, and obvious - I'm surprised at how low-key their effort is. Fundraising may not be to Daukayev's taste, but it is about survival. And their are people who are expert in such things (and can charge non-profit organization prices for the work).

Maria Kochetkova posted some specific information about the needs of the school on Instagram:

“The Marat Daukayev School of Ballet is being forced to vacate the studios we have called home for the last 19 years. The building was sold, and we must leave by June 30th, which means that 300 children and more than 6000 ballet costumes are urgently in need of a new home. No matter where we land, we will need to install ballet flooring, mirrors, and barres, which we estimate will cost $68,000 in total. As we face the challenge of holding the school together while maintaining classes in separate locations and juggling the transition to a permanent space, we anticipate an additional $55,000 in costs just to get us through the Christmas season. Our students eagerly anticipate The Nutcracker every year, and this year our friend and frequent guest ballerina, Maria Kochetkova, has assured us we can count on her to join our performance as the Sugar Plum Fairy. We simply must raise these funds so that the show and the school can go on. Our talented, hard-working students have waited years to assume the roles they’re slated for this Christmas and now it is time for them to take the stage. Thank you for helping us make their dreams a reality. With love,
Marat and Pamela Daukayev
Marat Daukayev School of Ballet”

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByNhlSmBNeu/

The MD School really needs to set up a crowdfunding page so that the financial goals, the amount(s) raised, and 'rewards' offered to the donors (if any) are all very clear to everyone.