This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

NYCB 2019 Kennedy Center Tour

On 4/6/2019 at 5:36 PM, YouOverThere said:

I kind of felt the same way, though perhaps not for the same reasons. Though to be fair, I was tired due to getting home late the day before due to a rock concert in Annapolis and I was stuck high in the nosebleed seats. I thought that Ms. Reisen's  piece was very impressive for an 18 year old, though the Balanchine influence was unmistakable. Unlike apparently just about everyone else, I really enjoyed Opus 19/The Dreamer. It brought me back to my childhood days when it was, in certain times and places, possible to watch the clouds and stars move through the night sky. I'm not a big fan of Symphony in C, mainly because I don't find the music to be very interesting. My accomplice complained about the ballerinas in Kammermusik No. 2 not always being in sync, but I did not notice this. I was tempted to go back and see the program again on Wednesday, but I was delayed in leaving work and the traffic was absolutely brutal, as sometimes happens when the cherry blossoms are blooming.

Don't the ballerinas in Kammermusik often dance in a one count canon? (Apologies to the others who already discussed this.) It's like a little mystery. I find myself wondering if it was Abi Stafford's debut in the other ballerina role and maybe she got pulled into her old counts from time to time. I'd love to speak with your accomplice, or the dancers that night.

Edited by BalanchineFan