This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Anastasia Smirnova

While perusing YouTube, a very brief clip of Anastasia Smirnova appeared. Something so wonderful about this young artist that keeps me coming back for another look. Would anyone care to volunteer background information about her? Apparently, she is so new to the horizons of dance that a brief video or two is all there is.

Edited by altongrimes

I had an ample opportunity to observe Nastia in numerous rehearsals. She may turn out to be more interesting artist in the future than any of the top girls who graduated this year from the Vaganova Academy, and they were very impressive. Nastia will be graduating in two years. She already enjoys full attention of the pedagogues.

I have mixed feelings when I see too much attention and gossip in social media accorded to children in ballet schools, with inevitable partisanship and setting one child against another. Let us keep children safe from online gossip, let them learn their craft and develop into ballet artists unaffected by the distorting and harmful impact of the internet.

On 9/1/2018 at 11:42 PM, Laurent said:

I have mixed feelings when I see too much attention and gossip in social media accorded to children in ballet schools, with inevitable partisanship and setting one child against another. Let us keep children safe from online gossip, let them learn their craft and develop into ballet artists unaffected by the distorting and harmful impact of the internet.

Just read this post today--I had missed this way back when it was posted. Like other ballet fans, I watch some of the video of talented students at schools that permit that video or from competitions etc. and I can't help admiring some of the dancers being featured, and still...I could not agree more with this post. These words seem to me exactly right.