This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

LES BALLETS RUSSES (exhibition catalogue)

dance writer and historian, David Vaughan, recently wrote the following in an email after seeing the show now on at the Paris Opera concerning LES BALLETS RUSSES:

<<the catalogue is great. Illustrations of some things that are not in the show, various essays. The appendices are very important: a biographical "dictionary" of all the dancers and another of all the photographers. And yet another chronology of performances which is in some ways more detailed than Sarah Woodcock's in the DT (a few divertissements, some of the symphonic entr'actes), in some ways less--for some engagements she will just list the repertory for the whole thing but not what was danced on which night. And there is no list that I can find of what exactly made up the various versions of Le Festin. Curiously, there is no chronology of ballets and operas presented by SPD, where that might have been included. Of course that is readily available elsewhere, but to make this the absolutely indispensable reference book it should have been included.>>

savvy web surfing BT members might be able to locate this 300 p. book on line; members closer to Paris might well be able pick up a copy personally, tho' one hopes none will experience the 15 hour delay mid-tunnel on eurostar, which was the fate met by another colleague who was traveling back to London from Paris after seeing the exhibition.

a kind friend of a friend visiting NYC brought me a copy early this week; it's paperbound and priced at 39 euros.

this is the exhibition catalogue that accompanies the current exhibition at the Paris Opera, i assume the show itself is called LES BALLETS RUSSES, i haven't seen the exhibit itself.

i assume there is information on the Paris Opera site, which i have not tracked down.

this is the exhibition catalogue that accompanies the current exhibition at the Paris Opera, i assume the show itself is called LES BALLETS RUSSES, i haven't seen the exhibit itself.

i assume there is information on the Paris Opera site, which i have not tracked down.

I have bought a copy direct from Paris Opera boutique(bookshop) for 39Euros with 9 Euros postage to the UK.

Google search Paris Opera find sitemap at bottom of page it shows Shop scroll down to Ballet Russe add to basket and then it gets a little tricky if you do not have French.