This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

11/14/09. No matter how many times have I attended to a performance of Tchaikovsky's "Pathetique", I always get goose bumps while listening to its final movement...the Adagio Lamentoso in B Minor. The slow tempo, the brooding tone...it ALL talks about such anguish, despair...MAJOR suffering...

One can only imagine what was going on on his mind at the time...considering that he might HAVE committed suicide just nine days after its premiere...

Beautiful job by conductor Alasdair Neale. :thumbsup:

Glad you had such a big time with it, Cristian!

I have an OT question: I'm assuming there was a program book given out to people who attended the concert. Did you look through it? At the ads? Were there any ads for other classical-music-related performances? MCB, maybe? Other clasical-based dance?

In recent years I've seen some concert ads in ballet program books but never a ballet ad in a concert or recital program, although I don't go to a lot of concerts. It seems like a natural place for them to me, but then, I was a classical-music addict before I became a ballet addict.

11/14/09. No matter how many times have I attended to a performance of Tchaikovsky's "Pathetique", I always get goose bumps while listening to its final movement...the Adagio Lamentoso in B Minor. The slow tempo, the brooding tone...it ALL talks about such anguish, despair...MAJOR suffering...

One can only imagine what was going on on his mind at the time...considering that he might HAVE committed suicide just nine days after its premiere...

Beautiful job by conductor Alasdair Neale.

Thank you so much for telling us about it. The Adagio Lamentoso is one of those pieces of music that can almost seem too familiar, but a wonderful performance can make us appreciate it afresh.