This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

My favorite Malden performance is in "Baby Doll" -- dazed, confused, and running around in a perpetual tizzy of frustrated lust. He also made the priest in "On the Waterfront" bearable instead of insufferable, and not many actors could have accomplished that. He was terrific in "One Eyed Jacks," too.

Malden and Michael Douglas had great chemistry in "Streets of San Francisco," which still runs on cable and holds up very well today.

My favorite Malden performance is in "Baby Doll" -- dazed, confused, and running around in a perpetual tizzy of frustrated lust.

Oh yes, 'Baby Doll'. Did you know that Tennessee Williams's father, with whom he had an extremely troubled and difficult relationship, finally came through for his son, saying to him (I believe it was at the premiere of it, but not sure after this long time) 'It's a fine film'. I agree, it's very special, and I ought to see it again. But I am sure that that really was one of Williams's most prized memories. I can't for the life of me remember where I read it, though.