This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I have a Russian video of this, can't exactly reccommend it as every time I've attempted to watch it I've fallen asleep - it's that boring.

Oh well, I wasn't going to comment because I haven't watched this since I got through it the first time about 5 years ago. And could barely get through it. Also never tried to watch it a second time.

But I see I'm not alone, so....

It's more or less a vehicle for Plisteskaya, as I recall she emotes throughout and changes costumes constantly. I do remembering that her vivid personal charisma comes through and her performance more or less reflects the level of her technique of the times that I did get to see her live in the early/mid 70s.

so it was somewhat of a momento for me.

I have this on a Russian bootleg VHS and the quality is poor; I can't estimate how much is due to the original and how much to the shoddy copy .

If you are a Plisetskaya fan, this may be for you.

I have a Russian video of this, can't exactly reccommend it as every time I've attempted to watch it I've fallen asleep - it's that boring.

Oh well, I wasn't going to comment because I haven't watched this since I got through it the first time about 5 years ago. And could barely get through it. Also never tried to watch it a second time.

But I see I'm not alone, so....

It's more or less a vehicle for Plisteskaya, as I recall she emotes throughout and changes costumes constantly. I do remembering that her vivid personal charisma comes through and her performance more or less reflects the level of her technique of the times that I did get to see her live in the early/mid 70s.

so it was somewhat of a momento for me.

I have this on a Russian bootleg VHS and the quality is poor; I can't estimate how much is due to the original and how much to the shoddy copy .

If you are a Plisetskaya fan, this may be for you.

I thank both of you for your reply. I believe I will pass on this DVD. Smitty