This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Carlos Acosta in melbourne

whetherwax

Mr Acosta is getting a great deal of coverage here. He is appearing in the Australian Ballet's Celebration of Jerome Robbins, in - Afternoon of a Faun . Some people feel that his talents are not being used in such a short ballet. I unfortunately went to the matinee and didnt see him. I did enjoy the selection of Robbins works done by the Australian Ballet though. Interviews have appeared in several papers covering his childhood and the film in the pipeline - nothing new though.

Mr Acosta is getting a great deal of coverage here. He is appearing in the Australian Ballet's Celebration of Jerome Robbins, in - Afternoon of a Faun . Some people feel that his talents are not being used in such a short ballet. .

Carlitos in "Afternoon..."?...Mmm.. :clapping: don't know, but i can't place him. For me he is Spartacus, Acteon, Basilio...but not the delicate image of Robbins' boy/character. I hope you can see him in more flamboyant roles, those that he has mastered.

Mr Acosta is getting a great deal of coverage here. He is appearing in the Australian Ballet's Celebration of Jerome Robbins, in - Afternoon of a Faun . Some people feel that his talents are not being used in such a short ballet. .

Carlitos in "Afternoon..."?...Mmm.. :angel_not: don't know, but i can't place him. For me he is Spartacus, Acteon, Basilio...but not the delicate image of Robbins' boy/character. I hope you can see him in more flamboyant roles, those that he has mastered.

Is this the way you feel about his Franz with RB? Because I didn't think that was right for him, but it's the only thing I've seen with him in it.

Carlitos in "Afternoon..."?...Mmm.. :flowers: don't know, but i can't place him. For me he is Spartacus, Acteon, Basilio...but not the delicate image of Robbins' boy/character. I hope you can see him in more flamboyant roles, those that he has mastered.

Is this the way you feel about his Franz with RB? Because I didn't think that was right for him, but it's the only thing I've seen with him in it.

I didn't see his Franz-(I haven't see him dancing after he departed from Havana)- but I've seen his Colas, and even though he displays the proper technique and humor required for the role-(excelling on it, IMO)-, i still couldn't place him on character. Back in Cuba i remember him very well in things like "D&A" and "Flames", and boy, was he a total WINNER on those! :angel_not: