This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Local One Stagehands

Does anyone know whether the Local One stagehands work any of the various dance venues - City Center, Joyce, etc.? This possible lockout is giving some of us jitters, especially since, according to news sources, it could start immediately or after a period of several days.

Does anyone know whether the Local One stagehands work any of the various dance venues - City Center, Joyce, etc.? This possible lockout is giving some of us jitters, especially since, according to news sources, it could start immediately or after a period of several days.

I'm not sure. Theaters run by non profit organizations are not threatened and the Joyce may be non profit.

It will be interesting to watch. In 2003 (I believe) the broadway musicians went on strike and Equity and Local One honored the strike. The unions stuck together. Personally I believe that is a good thing.

I'm not sure. Theaters run by non profit organizations are not threatened and the Joyce may be non profit.

It will be interesting to watch. In 2003 (I believe) the broadway musicians went on strike and Equity and Local One honored the strike. The unions stuck together. Personally I believe that is a good thing.

The Joyce, City Center, Lincoln Center are all nonprofits (thus the ".org" in their URLs).