This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2007/08 season

The National Ballet of Canada has announced its 2007/08 season.

2007/08 Season Announced

2007/08 brochure

November 8-18: All-Robbins program (West Side Story Suite, Glass Pieces, In the Night)

November 21-25: Ronald Hynd's The Merry Widow (plus April 24-26 in Ottawa)

December 8-30: James Kudelka's The Nutcracker

February 27-March 2 & June 21-22: James Kudelka's An Italian Straw Hat

March 8 - 16: Jiří Kylián's Soldiers' Mass, Marie Chouinard's 24 Preludes, Christopher Bruce's Rooster

May 28-June 8: James Kudelka's Cinderella

June 12-18: Harald Lander's Etudes, William Forsythe's the second detail, Dominique Dumais' Skin Divers

In September there will also be a tour of western Canda (Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Victoria, Nanaimo & Vancouver) with a curious double bill of Giselle and Christopher Wheeldon's Polyphonia (except Victoria and Nanaimo, which get Giselle only). No Winnipeg or Regina? Now that's strange.

So apart from a tour of Giselle, no 19th-century classics next season. Hmm. And wouldn't it be a good idea to throw in some Ashton, Cranko or MacMillan among all that Kudelka? No Balanchine? I dunno.

I received my renewal package today via snail mail. I see in the brochure that the list of principal dancers does not include Ryan Boorne.

What's up? He's no Guillaume Cote admittedly, but I still like him anyway!

There should be a press release shortly about new additions to the company; perhaps we'll find out more about people leaving as well?

m2