This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

SFB or NYCB (airfares) CHEAP!

Greetings Ballet Talkers. Your traveling ballet hound here.

LGA or JFK (NOT EWR) to SFO is showing up on Expedia or Travelocity (NOT Continental.com) for $158 r/t - $195 total. This is probably a fare mistake where the one-way price got loaded as the full price. Grab it NOW, it should vanish in a few hours.

I nabbed 2/1-2/4 to see programs 1-2.

I think we will finally meet! I parted with some flight miles that I had been hoarding for some inexplicable reason; the fare you got is 2/3 the cost of flying from SEA to SFO!

Unfortunately, I can't fly in for the evening of the 1 February, which I regret, because Paco de Lucia is performing at Berkeley that night, but I will be at Program 1 on 2/4, and at Program 2 for the matinee on 3 Feb. (If I like the program enough, I will try to snag a nosebleed seat for the evening, but I may just sit in the sunken Japanese tub in my hotel, if my room is lucky enough to have one.)

It's baaaaack.

Looks like this fare is once again available on Continental through June 13 - so that means that if anyone wants to see NYCB or SFB, it's a cheap fare ($195 total) - if it's like last appearance, it's on Travelocity now, will be on continental.com in about two hours and pulled in about 8.

This flight goes through Houston so you may want to factor the decreased cost in with increased inconvenience. Nonstops do go on sale - I was able to find a JFK-SFO nonstop last month for April for $237 total (and then upgraded it to business - because I can :) ) Jokes aside, that's only $40 more for 4 hours less flying time and decreased chances of delays.

So watch your fares - best place is the invaluable www.farecompare.com

See you on the road. :)