This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

R. S. Edgecombe's article on Ballet Music

to the best of my knowledge, RSE's ballet music article will be in Brolga, an Australian dance journal which began publication in December 1994.

i have no idea how soon copies are the US once the issues come out, nor do i know what places it's sold or what libraries subscribe. i feel somewhat certain the NYPL for Perf Arts does.

i have had word that RSE's article concerning 19th c. ballets and their sometimes mis- or un-identified music is now out in the australian journal BROLGA - as noted i have no idea where one might find copies in the states. maybe a web search will help locate this particular journal. (if i learn more about the vol. no. etc. of the article, i'll post it here.)

i have had word that RSE's article concerning 19th c. ballets and their sometimes mis- or un-identified music is now out in the australian journal BROLGA - as noted i have no idea where one might find copies in the states. maybe a web search will help locate this particular journal. (if i learn more about the vol. no. etc. of the article, i'll post it here.)

Thanks RG - Does RSE not post on Ballet talk anymore?

RG - I found the publication Brolga's site. Listed under -Issue 18 June 2003- there is a title "Drama and music in ballet scores: a glossary in the form of an essay - by Rodney Stenning Edgecombe" this sounds alot like the article in question? If not is anyone familiar with it??-

They have all of their issues listed up to December '03, and then they list nothing.....I could find nothing on any current issues.

http://www.ausdance.org.au/outside/resourc...als/brolga.html

the current issue of BROLGA - An Australian journal about dance, December 2005, no. 23 includes 'A ragbag of ballet music oddments' by Rodney Stenning Edgecombe pp. 12 - 21. additionally the issue includes 'Soft, gauzy ballet dresses' by Michelle Potter (pp. 7 - 11), the journal's editor. again, i don't know for certain how to obtain copies in the u.s. a copyright page note says the publication is 'available by subscription only, tho' i suspect a number of u.s. libraries must subscribe.