This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Kschessinska Bio

My birthday was yesterday and I was given

"Imperial dancer Mathilde Kschessinska and the Romanovs" by Coryne Hall, Sutton Publishing, GBP 20.

It looks absolutely fabulous, 326 pages, bibliography, extensive notes, family trees and several pages of photos, a really beautifully produced volume.

I have just dipped into it, reading a page here and one there; now I have to attend to my Christmas tree plantation, but will read it from cover to cover and give a detailed review after Christmas.

But I am sure it would be a delightful Christmas present for someone interested not only in ballet but also in history. :blush:

(My copy was ordered from Dance Books in England, but I assume it can be got from Amazon as well).

Belated happy birthday wishes! :blush: And thanks for the initial seal of approval, Pamela. We await your full review.

Indeed, it is available from Amazon. (Browsers and shoppers, please use the link in the banner atop each page.) I notice that Natalia Makarova wrote the foreword. And it is only $16.47!