This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Dead cats and broken legs

I read somewhere about a women who claimed that she in a past life had been a russian ballerina.

She also had experienced , under the hypnotic regression, how she during a performance broke a leg in front of the audience, and that this injury was so serious that she never was able to dance again.

Could this be true? Are there in ballet history any ballerina that has broken a leg during a performance?

Yes, it does ring a bell somewhere, wasnt it in Moscow end of 19th century? Other mishaps in those days: A poor dancer displeased her audience to such an extent that she got a dead cat thrown at her.

I am going on a short vacation to Edinburgh tomorrow, (to view exhibition of Romanov stuff) but when I return I will look through my books to see if I can find it.

Just a brief note before I close the door.

I think the one who got a dead cat thrown at her (from the top of my head) was a ballerina called Yelena Andreyanova. It is supposed to be true, not just a Fellini thing, but then Fellini must have got it from somewhere, it is far too construed to be anything but the truth.

But who wrote about it? Fernau Hall maybe?

As I see you live in Sweden, do drop me a private email if you feel like it - I do speak Swedish as well! :flowers: