This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Recent and future releases in Europe...

Over at the strange land of region-2 DVD releases, a Grigorovich-fest is taking place this autumn:

There are now 2 Stone Flowers one with Terekhova/Kirov (just released) and another one coming out, according to Amazon, Oct 3rd, that since it's Arthaus will propably be the Bolshoi/Semenyaka

There are 2 Spartacus DVDs, one with Mukhamedov/Semenyaka/Vectrov/Bylova (just released) and one coming out Oct 24, from Warner, which (I guess based on an old Warner vhs) will be Mukhamedov/Bessmertnova/Gabovitch/Bylova

There are also 2 Ivan the Terribles, one with the Bolshoi/Mukhamedov (recently released), and another with the POB/Le Riche, to be released in October.

Also there will be a Bolshoi in the Park (coming out Nov 21) with Mukhamedov and Bessmertnova. No idea what it is but I'm sure it will contain a healthy dose of Grigorovich among the usual gala pieces.

And did I mention that Arthaus has announced another Grigorovitch Nutcracker? With, yes you guessed right, Mukhamedov!!! (there is already one with Maximova/Vasiliev)

Meanwhile, no Balanchine or Ashton on the horizon!!!!!! :)

Other releases: Burmeister Swan Lake with Zakharova/Bolle/La Scalla (just released), Sleeping Beauty with Kolpakova/Berezhnoi/Kirov (just released :D ), Ek's Appartment (released October in the UK), Twyla Tharp's Catherine Wheel (Nov 21)

Also there will be a Bolshoi in the Park (coming out Nov 21) with Mukhamedov and Bessmertnova. No idea what it is but I'm sure it will contain a healthy dose of Grigorovich among the usual gala pieces.

If this is what I think it is, it was filmed in a circus tent in Battersea Park, London, around 1986. I think there is a complete Les Sylphides with Alexei Fadeyechev (for my money there best male classicist in the company at around that time) an act of Spartacus and a Don Q pas de deux, maybe a Spring Waters too.