This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

A trip to London?

Sadler's Wells Theatre has just announced its autumn schedule and if anyone is thinking of planning a trip to London, could I suggest you try the week from 14th - 21st October? You can then see:

The Paris Opera Ballet in Le Parc (Sadler's Wells)

The RB's La Sylphide (with Sarah Lamb) and Les Rendezvous (ROH)

Two performances of an RB triple bill (La Fete Etrange/Pierrot Lunaire/Marguerite and Armand) including Tamara Rojo's long-awaited debut as Marguerite (ROH)

Two different programmes from the Mark Morris Dance Company, including V (Sadler's Wells)

And hardly any of them clash - usually if we get something like this, all the things you want to go to are on the same night, but not this time!

I decided on the week after to see the Sylphides, the mixed rep program and Birmingham Royal, which is coming to Sadlers Wells.

If anyone else has a yen to go to London, British Airways is having sale fares to London from the US that I think are as low as you'll get in shoulder season - $358 r/t NYC-LON *including* taxes. For September, that's quite something.

More details chez ma blog: http://www.leighwitchel.com/blog/archives/...t_fares_to.html