This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Nilas Martins and Company

Nilas Martins will bring 20 dancers to Hartford's Bushnell arts center on November 7 @5pm for an all-Balanchine performance. The program will include Apollo, Concerto Barocco, Mozartiana pas de deux and Allegro Brillante.

The Bushnell Box Office: (860) 987-5900

Toll-Free Outside Connecticut: (888) 824-2874

www.bushnell.org

[snip; gossip]

Then today, a friend from Hartford called to tell me he had been to the performance and was spell-bound by the dancers & the ballets. He said the audience was large & enthusiastic. The casting that he gave me was:

APOLLO: Nilas M, Yvonne Borree, Rachel R, Carrie Lee Riggins

CONCERTO BAROCCO: Maria K, Janie Taylor, Askegard

MOZARTIANA pdd: Wendy & Nikolaj H

ALLEGRO BRILLANTE: Ashley Bouder & Nilas

Sounds pretty good to me, in particular Carrie Lee & Ashley B...he said Wendy seemed to enthrall the audience and that APOLLO, which he had never seen before, was remarkable.

He was then reading to me the names of some of the corps dancers and there, along with my beloved Edge, Bar, Beskow & Barak he said "Kirsten Sloan"...wow, a flash from the past! She was a lovely dancer and just getting some nice featured roles when she was apparently injured and eventually dropped off the roster. Anyone know if she is re-joining the Company??