This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Kowroski & Somogyi: Theme and Variations

I was wondering, have Jennie Somogyi or Maria Kowroski ever dance the ballerina role in Theme and Variations. I seen Wendy Whelan, Miranda Weese and even Abi Stafford the year she was promoted to soloist. But I've never seen Jennie or Maria, two dancers I believe would be wonderful in the role. If they have danced the role what was their performance like? If they haven't am I they only one who think that Jennie and Maria would be wonderful in the part?

I believe Somogyi has learned the part, but hasn't done it (yet). I think it's a matter of timing, my guess is we would have seen her in it already were it not for her injury.

Kowroski has not done it as far as I know. I like her, but I think putting her in it would be bad casting. Even if she could do it, it wouldn't show her at her best.

I agree that T & V would not seem to be a role for Maria K. Somogyi will undoubtedly do it eventually, it would seem an ideal piece of casting. Anyone know how her recovery is coming along?

I'm sure we will get T & V from Ansanelli, Taylor & Bouder...all in due time. And I have a secret hankering to see Rebecca Krohn try it...