This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Sarah Lamb

I'm writing a paper for one of my classes on a ballerina, and I chose to write about Sarah Lamb because she rose quite quickly through the ranks, and thought it would be interesting to write about. Does anyone have any information about her? For example, what roles has she performed? I have some information, like her training, that she's joining the Royal Ballet in August, but not too much else. Thanks so much!

http://www.nataliedancewear.com/profile_di...p3?ProfileID=21 -From Natalie Dancewear

and

"Sarah Lamb was born in Boston and trained at Boston Ballet School with Tatiana Nicolaevna Legat on full a scholarship from 1993 to 1998. After joining Boston Ballet she was promoted to soloist in 2001, and to principal in 2003. She was awarded a Level 1 Award from the National Foundation for Advancement in the Arts, and a Presidential Scholarship in the Arts in 1998. Her extensive training with Legat enabled her to win three silver medals; from the Third International Ballet Competition in Nagoya, Japan in 1999, the Sixth USA IBC in New York City in 2000, and the USA IBC in 2002. She premiered with Carlos Acosta in Ashton's La Fille mal gardée and danced the role of Juliet in Rudi van Danztig's Romeo and Juliet in 2003." (from http://www.ballet.co.uk/dcforum/news/2228.html)

I danced with Sarah when we were very young - around twelve - at Boston Ballet's Dance Program for Children. At that age, she already demonstrated natural technical ability as well as great interest in ballet as an art. She was one of the nicest dance students I've ever known, and her pleasant nature was genuine. Sarah was a lot of fun, both in the classroom and out (and smart, too!). I went to Boston for the next few summers, and saw her advance through the levels. She was always an extremely hard worker - the first to class and the last to leave, that sort of thing. I had no doubt that she would excel as a professional.