This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ballet Associations

I don't know if it's the right topic, but I didn't know where to post it.

Some French avid ballet-goers would like to create a ballet association. It would be an association where people could talk of their passion, meet each other and above all an association to promote classical and neoclassical dance in France, where people often only care for modern dance. There is only one association related to ballet here, the AROP (Association for the influence of the Paris Opera) and it's most about opera and wealthy people who want to meet other wealthy people.

We'd like to know if that kind of association exists in another country (I've heard of "The Ballet Association" in England) and if it exists, how it is working.

Anyone who would like to give us information or join us will be of course welcome! :wallbash:

Edited by Juliette

The ballet Association in London is a kind of supporters club for the Royal Ballet. They hold meetings every month or so when they interview a member of the Royal Ballet. Some interviewees are more interesting than others. There is also a dinner held once a year at a London hotel with members of the Royal Ballet present.

Good luck with your plans Juliette, I visit Paris as often as I can manage and although I appreciate modern dance as much as classical ballet, I feel the POB should remain a company dedicated to classical and neo-classical dancing and that modern work should only be a very small percentage of the company's work. I fear that Gerard Mortier may prove disastrous at the Opera as he embraces the avant garde and has no respect for tradition and probably no insight into the nature of classical ballet. He cares only for novelty and scandal.