Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
palliser

Movin' Out

14 posts in this topic

Has anyone else seen the new Twyla Tharp/Billy Joel show now in previews on Broadway? It is quite marvellous. The dancing (by John Selya, Ashley Tuttle, Elizabeth Parkinson, and Keith Roberts) is nothing less than sensational. The audience was more Billy Joel than dance, and it didn't hurt that the Piano Man himself was in the audience Tuesday night, but the loud buzz from people leaving the theater was all about John Selya, who gives an absolutely breathtaking performance in the leading role. What fun! I'm going back to see it again.

I saw it near the end of it's three month Chicago previews run. Elizabeth Parkinson still looks mighty good and I was impressed by John Selya as well.

I, too, saw it near the end of its Chicago "pre-Broadway" run, and I loved it. I would be delighted to have the opportunity to see it again.

There is another review of "Movin' Out" by Diane Rafferty in the December 23 issue of The Nation, the first such since Aloff's piece on "Jewels." It is not available online. I was not greatly impressed by the review, but it is good to see more dance coverage in the magazine.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0