Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
liebs

NYCB spring 2002 roster

31 posts in this topic

Actually, as someone who has been watching NYCB for 10+ years, the corps- female, specifically-- is particularly young right now. Even the older corps dancers with whom I have spoken have said they go to class and don't know who a lot of the dancers are. In '95 there was the mass... turnover, too. So, there are bursts. But, right now there are a great deal of dancers who came of the school 1999-2001 (counting apprentices). I usually pride myself on knowing who all the dancers are by the time they get a contract. Not so anymore.

-amanda

Can anyone tell me if Ellen Ostrum is in the company yet? Or is she still an apprentice?

She and ABT's Angela Snow grew up together at The School of Oregon Ballet Theatre, and it seems that both of their futures should be bright.

Originally posted by glebb

Can anyone tell me if Ellen Ostrum is in the company yet? Or is she still an apprentice?

I don't believe she is even apprentice. I did see her tonight in the corps at the SAB workshop tonight...

-Amanda

Miranda Weese is taking class and doing a few rehearsals. She told a colleague of mine that she was aiming to return in Saratoga.

Jared Angle told me he is back taking class.

As you might have seen on the PBS broadcase, Darius Crenshaw is back dancing.

-amanda

Thanks for the info AmandaNYC.

After reading the Ballet Alert reviews of the SAB workshop, I see that there are many ahead of Ellen.

I love maria kowroski's dancing, besides, she came from where I dance now

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0