This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

American Dance Machine at the Joyce Featuring 3 NYCB Dancers

Just thought I would pass along that Daniel Ulbricht, Gina Paz and Amar Ramasar are appearing this week with American Dance Machine for the 21st Century at the Joyce theater in Chelsea through Sunday evening, Nov 16. This group presents "showstopping" dance numbers from famous musicals. I've attached the NY Times review, which gives a rave to the NYCB dancers, who appear in one number, Mr. Monotony, choreographed by Jerome Robbins.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/13/arts/dance/american-dance-machine-troupe-debuts.html?ref=arts#.

Many of the numbers that this version (and previous versions) of the company present have been as important to the development of the art form as the concert dance work that was being created and performed at the same time, and yet they are even harder to see than those concert works. Some of us have been chatting about "must see ballets" elsewhere on this website, but I'd suggest that there is an equally important "must see musical numbers" list out there -- and I've seen considerably less of it than I have of the ballet list.