• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:00 AM

The RDB will for the first time transmit one of their performances live to cinemas in Denmark: Napoli, on March 18th (Alexandra Lo Sardo and Alban Lendorf), In future seasons the plan is to transmit one ballet, one play and one opera  live - next season's will be announced with the new season's programme on April 23rd.

Napoli will also be shown on Danish television later on.

Details here (in Danish):

http://kglteater.dk/...det-over-966827

#2 kbarber

kbarber

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

let's hope there will be a subsequent DVD!

#3 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:56 AM

I can imagine that the current Napoli may actually come over better on screen than  in the theatre, given a director who can focus on what's important at any moment and cut out some of the background stuff - will be interesting to find out, anyway.

Also, the theatre is live-streaming the RDB school's Breakfast with Bournonville next Wednesday, 12th March - it's a programme put together and performed by the top  classes and aimed at their own age group. Details here:

http://kglteater.dk/...skolerne-967742

#4 kbarber

kbarber

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:34 AM

Also, the theatre is live-streaming the RDB school's Breakfast with Bournonville next Wednesday, 12th March - it's a programme put together and performed by the top  classes and aimed at their own age group. Details here:

http://kglteater.dk/...skolerne-967742

Hey, I;m going to be at that performance! I'll wave if the cameras pan around to the audience.

#5 kbarber

kbarber

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:50 AM

The livestream will be at 430 a.m. Eastern time, 130 a.m. Pacific Time. North America moves to daylight saving this weekend whereas Europe doesn't do so till March 30, hence the time difference is one hour less than usual.

#6 Anne

Anne

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

These are great news indeed! yahoo.gifThank you for posting it, Jane.

#7 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

The livestream will be at 430 a.m. Eastern time, 130 a.m. Pacific Time. North America moves to daylight saving this weekend whereas Europe doesn't do so till March 30, hence the time difference is one hour less than usual.

Thanks for the reminder -- I didn't have it on my calendar!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):