This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Hello from Germany

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ilona

Ilona

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:33 AM

Since September last year I'm reporting from Germany about performances of Stuttgart Ballet, Hamburg Ballet, State Ballet Berlin and others in a dvt-blog (Landgraf on Dance). Sometimes I also review books and just yesterday I started with interviews. As I'm basically working full-time as teacher I cannot travel as much as I would like to, but I do my best. Recently I managed to see the Bubeniceks' gala in Prague, tomorrow I'm in Munich for Ivan Liska's troupe.

Up to now Alexandra kindly posted the links for me, so all my texts can already be found at BA. Hope there's something interesting for you to pick out.

Best,

Ilona

#2 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,328 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

Welcome to Ballet Alert!, Iliona! 

I read your blog posts avidly, and I'm sure others here do, too.  It is wonderful that we can read your insights about companies many of us don't get to see (or see often) and are on our bucket lists.  You also give us the context we need to place what you describe.

#3 fadedhour

fadedhour

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

Welcome, Ilona!  I am a huge fan of the Hamburg Ballet and there's not that much in English online about them, so I read your blog posts avidly.  It's really wonderful to hear someone else's opinions about them.

I would like to see some other companies in Germany at some point, Stuttgart especially - I just saw Marijn Rademaker in a performance here in London and he was wonderful.

I'd love to hear more about your ballet travels!

#4 Ilona

Ilona

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:31 AM

Many thanks for your kind welcome! smile.png

#5 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:10 PM

I'm coming very late to this thread, unfortunately, but still, a very heartfelt WELCOME, Ilona. I am very glad you're bringing us news and reviews of what's going on in Germany (and wherever you travel).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):