This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Director's Choice: March 14-15, March 20-23 2014

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 SandyMcKean

SandyMcKean

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

Boal said that we’ve got Edward Villella, Jacques d’Amboise and Violette Verdy coming to coach “Jewels.”

Boal mentioned a couple of nights ago in an Q&A that William Forsythe might come to Seattle to stage the rep devoted to his choreography next season (The Vertiginous Thrill of Exactitude*, New Suite*, In the Middle, Somewhat Elevated). Boal didn't sound too hopeful, but indicated that it was a definite possibility. He mentioned that it would be wonderful experience for PNB dancers to work with Forsythe directly.

If I remember correctly, Forsythe does not like to fly....so maybe that's the hangup, or perhaps it's a health reason; but in any case, as a huge Forsythe fan, I have my finger's crossed.

*PNB premieres

#32 sandik

sandik

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

My fingers are crossed as well, which makes typing hard...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):