This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Director's Choice: March 14-15, March 20-23 2014

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 SandyMcKean

SandyMcKean

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

Boal said that we’ve got Edward Villella, Jacques d’Amboise and Violette Verdy coming to coach “Jewels.”

Boal mentioned a couple of nights ago in an Q&A that William Forsythe might come to Seattle to stage the rep devoted to his choreography next season (The Vertiginous Thrill of Exactitude*, New Suite*, In the Middle, Somewhat Elevated). Boal didn't sound too hopeful, but indicated that it was a definite possibility. He mentioned that it would be wonderful experience for PNB dancers to work with Forsythe directly.

If I remember correctly, Forsythe does not like to fly....so maybe that's the hangup, or perhaps it's a health reason; but in any case, as a huge Forsythe fan, I have my finger's crossed.

*PNB premieres

#32 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

My fingers are crossed as well, which makes typing hard...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):