This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2012-13 Season

Ballet Arizona's 2012-13 Season is:

• Giselle, 1-4 November 2012, with matinee and evening performances on Saturday and Sunday 3-4 November.
  • Nutcracker, 7-24 December 2012
  • Romeo and Juliet, 14-17 February 2013, with matinee and evening performances on Saturday and Sunday, 16-17 February.
  • Director's Choice, 28-31 March 2013, Orpheum Theatre
    • "Le Carnaval des Animaux," choreography by Alexei Ratmansky, music by Camille Saint-Saens
    • "Diversions," choreography by Ib Andersen, music by Benjamin Britten
    • Untitled, choreography by Alejandro Cerrudo (World Premiere), music TBA

[*]All Balanchine, 2-5 May 2013

• Serenade (Tchaikovsky)
    • Momumentum pro Gesualdo/Movements for Piano and Orchestra (Stravinsky)
    • Western Symphony (traditional, arrangements by Hershey Kay)

"Diversions" was the ballet the company performed at the Kennedy Center in 2010.

I loved the "Monumentum"/"Movements" the company did to end the 2010-11 season, just gorgeous. I admit to dismay at seeing "Western Symphony" on the schedule, but I know they can do it, and casting it in my head brings a smile to my face, even if I don't like the ballet.

The "Director's Choice" program is also the opportunity to see what Hubbard Street Dance Chicago's Alejandro Cerrudo does for a ballet company before the Nureyev Prize commission for PNB the following season.

The "Director's Choice" program is also the opportunity to see what Hubbard Street Dance Chicago's Alejandro Cerrudo does for a ballet company before the Nureyev Prize commission for PNB the following season.

I'm chagrined -- that had slipped my notice!