This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

2012-13 Season

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

Ballet Arizona's 2012-13 Season is:
  • Giselle, 1-4 November 2012, with matinee and evening performances on Saturday and Sunday 3-4 November.
  • Nutcracker, 7-24 December 2012
  • Romeo and Juliet, 14-17 February 2013, with matinee and evening performances on Saturday and Sunday, 16-17 February.
  • Director's Choice, 28-31 March 2013, Orpheum Theatre
    • "Le Carnaval des Animaux," choreography by Alexei Ratmansky, music by Camille Saint-Saens
    • "Diversions," choreography by Ib Andersen, music by Benjamin Britten
    • Untitled, choreography by Alejandro Cerrudo (World Premiere), music TBA
  • All Balanchine, 2-5 May 2013
    • Serenade (Tchaikovsky)
    • Momumentum pro Gesualdo/Movements for Piano and Orchestra (Stravinsky)
    • Western Symphony (traditional, arrangements by Hershey Kay)

"Diversions" was the ballet the company performed at the Kennedy Center in 2010.

#2 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,646 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

Nice solid programming -- I'm envious of the Monumentum, and the Ratmansky Carnival.

#3 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

I loved the "Monumentum"/"Movements" the company did to end the 2010-11 season, just gorgeous. I admit to dismay at seeing "Western Symphony" on the schedule, but I know they can do it, and casting it in my head brings a smile to my face, even if I don't like the ballet.

The "Director's Choice" program is also the opportunity to see what Hubbard Street Dance Chicago's Alejandro Cerrudo does for a ballet company before the Nureyev Prize commission for PNB the following season.

#4 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,646 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

The "Director's Choice" program is also the opportunity to see what Hubbard Street Dance Chicago's Alejandro Cerrudo does for a ballet company before the Nureyev Prize commission for PNB the following season.

I'm chagrined -- that had slipped my notice!

#5 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

It's hard to keep reading after "Ratmansky." It's easier when you're typing it :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):