This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

The Secret Lives of Dancers

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 Brioche

Brioche

Inactive Member

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

Yeah the Katie/Michael drama was tiresome. Although it doesn't even get close to what we have to view (or not) on US television. When I worked professionally the law was laid down, "You are paid to perform, not to engage in personal relationships." And every where I worked they meant it. Posted Image

#17 macnellie

macnellie

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

Dear EvilNinjaX,

Can you upload episode 3? Please!

Thank you so much,

Macnellie

#18 elena

elena

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

Dear EvilNinjaX,

Can you upload episode 3? Please!

Thank you so much,

Macnellie

If possible, it would be great!

If it is not possible could you tell us who got cast in SB as what? I am curious :)

As in your first post, the only thing I wish is they would show more of the dancing... I imagine this season is even better without the Katie/Michael thing and the changes coming because of Ethan. :)

#19 GeorgeB fan

GeorgeB fan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

Okay I'm seriously hooked!!!

If at all possible please continue posting the latest episodes. I haven't been so quickly hooked over an import series since Downton Abbey. Why can't American television produce something this good to watch??

#20 cantdance

cantdance

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

Yes Thanks, These are great. Is there a season1 ep4?

#21 EvilNinjaX

EvilNinjaX

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

#22 EvilNinjaX

EvilNinjaX

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

As in your first post, the only thing I wish is they would show more of the dancing... I imagine this season is even better without the Katie/Michael thing and the changes coming because of Ethan. Posted Image

Were I in charge of producing this show, I would end each ep with 3-5 min of solid dance, either a solid performance piece or a run-thru or a rehearsal or something that has a continuous performance element to it. I would then build the ep to lead up to that and hope to intersperse class and rehearsal bits throughout, perhaps even leading with it. Within that constraint, I would pepper the personality and the drama if spice were needed.

In ep 2, it really would ahve been nice to have had more of Sergio and the "boys" trying to keep up, for instance.
Ah well, you can't have everything!

#23 elena

elena

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

As in your first post, the only thing I wish is they would show more of the dancing... I imagine this season is even better without the Katie/Michael thing and the changes coming because of Ethan. Posted Image

Were I in charge of producing this show, I would end each ep with 3-5 min of solid dance, either a solid performance piece or a run-thru or a rehearsal or something that has a continuous performance element to it. I would then build the ep to lead up to that and hope to intersperse class and rehearsal bits throughout, perhaps even leading with it. Within that constraint, I would pepper the personality and the drama if spice were needed.

In ep 2, it really would ahve been nice to have had more of Sergio and the "boys" trying to keep up, for instance.
Ah well, you can't have everything!

Thanks for still posting the episodes!! :) I definitely agree with your post and it's true you can't have everything, I am thankful because as far as reality tv goes I prefer this to anything. They have actual talent and work hard and that is always fun to watch.

I feel bad for Sergio to go all that way to NZ and get injured... and for Tonia (hoping I am not messing up the names) when it comes to Aurora. However it was nice to se Gillian in the episode a little bit, coaching and all that!

#24 peter.200285

peter.200285

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:54 AM

I enjoy this video a lot, good work EvilNinjaX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md5AwbX8wQw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL2XmJieYZk

#25 noodlekugel

noodlekugel

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

Thank you for posting these videos, I really enjoyed getting an insight into this company's work and also how Ethan is doing at his new work. And I agree, the Katie/Michael stuff was not so interesting to me, I'm more watching this to get an insight of the general working behind the scenes and of course the dance sequences, in case there are some in the episode.

#26 EvilNinjaX

EvilNinjaX

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

ep 6

#27 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

I've been enjoying this series, and so was surprised at how poorly shot the stage performances were... After all the nice personality and rehearsal flicks, it never occurred to me they wouldn't know what to look at when it got to the stage... Admittedly their access was limited compared to the off-stage work, but really....? What were they looking at?

Meanwhile, I've really enjoyed meeting the kiwis!

#28 elena

elena

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

Sleeping Beauty looks like it turned out really nicely... and the costumes and set and lighting were are really cool. Can't imagine how much work it has been for such a small company to put all that on!! I do hope it all turned out ok for Abby as well, she did seem very nervous about the whole Aurora thing.

#29 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

She seems such a wonderful fit for the part!

#30 EvilNinjaX

EvilNinjaX

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):