#1 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

The 2011-2012 season was just announced:
http://www.musiccent...dance_1112.html

It includes the Bolshoi doing Swan Lake in June 2012. No ABT, but they'll be in Orange County next year with their new Firebird.

#2 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:13 PM

Thanks for posting, California.

The Scottish Ballet bringing Song of the Earth is interesting. I'm also interested in seeing Preljocaj's Snow White. I've enjoyed a lot of video excerpts from it.

I'm confused by the Bolshoi bringing Swan Lake. Are the Bolshoi known for Swan Lake? No. I can see having them bring Swan Lake in addition to something else, but the Bolshoi with just Swan Lake alone is a weird tour. Hopefully Alexandrova comes along, I guess.

#3 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:21 PM

What's really strange about that tour is one ballet per city -- Coppelia at the Kennedy Center, Don Q in Toronto, Swan Lake in LA. It looks like a way to save money in shipping around sets and costumes, which makes sense, but a fan who wants to see all of them is going to wrack up a lot of expense in airfare and hotel!

Am I correct that they might come to New York but nothing has been announced? Has anybody heard of additional cities in summer 2012?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):