This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Guinness World RecordNumber of "ballerinas" On Pointe at Once

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:44 AM

The reporter from the Post spoke to Michele Wiles and Craig Salstein (who "chaired" the event):

#2 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:16 PM

Great!, Mme. Hermine. Congratulations to all. When I first heard of this, I didn't realize that there actually was a little choreography involved. As the young woman said at the end of the clip: "It's painful, but it's worth it, I think."

#3 4mrdncr

4mrdncr

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:54 PM

How cute, hooray for all. (My city competes for the GWW largest public breakfast servings every year--We've won several times, but sometimes Kellogs beats us.)
I suspect the choreography for this event was so everyone could stay on pointe for long enough to tally results. Remaining in a single position without moving for the minutes to do this would have probably been more difficult for the 'nonprofessionals' (or very young dancers) participating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):