This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Guinness World RecordNumber of "ballerinas" On Pointe at Once

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:44 AM

The reporter from the Post spoke to Michele Wiles and Craig Salstein (who "chaired" the event):

#2 bart

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:16 PM

Great!, Mme. Hermine. Congratulations to all. When I first heard of this, I didn't realize that there actually was a little choreography involved. As the young woman said at the end of the clip: "It's painful, but it's worth it, I think."

#3 4mrdncr

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:54 PM

How cute, hooray for all. (My city competes for the GWW largest public breakfast servings every year--We've won several times, but sometimes Kellogs beats us.)
I suspect the choreography for this event was so everyone could stay on pointe for long enough to tally results. Remaining in a single position without moving for the minutes to do this would have probably been more difficult for the 'nonprofessionals' (or very young dancers) participating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):