This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

MCB dancers explain Coppelia for children-- a video

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:41 PM

Googling "Didier Bramaz" (an elegant member of the first couple in In the Night this weekend), I came across this charming video of a presentation about Coppelia (starting with a few ballet basics) for children. I assume this was part of MCB's 2004-05 season. It's part of the "Sunday Afternoons of Music" series, but I don't know anything more than that.

Callie Manning is an excellent m.c. The participating dancers are: Deanna Seay, Tricia Albertson, Jeanette Delgado, Andrea Spiridonakis, Didier Bramaz, Marc Spielberger, and Mikkhail Nikitine.

#2 diane

diane

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:11 AM

Thanks! That was very nice!

-d-

#3 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:20 AM

Thanks bart for that beautiful link! Seay looks ADORABLE as Swanilda... :dunno: (I wish I could see her doing more stuff...)...and Jeanette's BIG GRIN can't be missed as usual, on or off stage...I'm already missing Spiridonakos from the performances... :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):