This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

SFB Stern Grove 2009

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:38 PM

Subscribers received the following e-mail today. I can't find anything on the website for a link, so I hope it's OK to post this quote.

Dear San Francisco Ballet Patron,

On behalf of the Company and staff, thank you for joining us this season. More than ever, your support of San Francisco Ballet is deeply appreciated, and we hope your experience at the Opera House added joy to your life in the way that only live dance can.

Although our next performance in the Opera House won't be until December, the Company will give a free performance at Stern Grove on August 16, 2009. We also invite you to keep in touch with SF Ballet through our monthly E-news, Facebook page, YouTube channel, Twitter, or blog, Open Studio 455. Thank you again for your support!

#2 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:03 PM

Casting has been released:

http://www.sfballet....ets/casting.asp

ON A THEME OF PAGANINI
Conductor: Martin West
Piano: Roy Bogas

Frances Chung, Pascal Molat, Taras Domitro
Maria Kochetkova, Davit Karapetyan

INTERMISSION

SWAN LAKE, ACT II
Violin: Franklyn D’Antonio
Cello: Miriam Perkoff

Odette: Yuan Yuan Tan
Prince Siegfried: Tiit Helimets
Von Rothbart: Anthony Spaulding

INTERMISSION

STRAVINSKY VIOLIN CONCERTO
Violin: Franklyn D'Antonio

Aria I: Sarah Van Patten, Pierre-François Vilanoba
Aria II: Vanessa Zahorian, Ruben Martin

#3 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:51 PM

Casting has been released:
ON A THEME OF PAGANINI
Piano: Roy Bogas

Frances Chung, Pascal Molat, Taras Domitro
Maria Kochetkova, Davit Karapetyan

SL and SVT speak for themselves but if the listed cast holds, 'On a Theme of Paganini' is definitely on the 'don't miss' list. The ballet itself is pleasant enough without being anything special, but I've seen Chung and Kochetkova in this and they are worth the schlepp down to Stern Grove. Chung could light up a dungeon with her smile (don't worry, she can dance too :)) , and Kochetkova's role shows off all her best qualities: intricate, airy, lacy footwork. The ballet is really about the women, but these men should be terrific too.

Looks like a fun afternoon.

#4 mirabray

mirabray

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:40 AM

Did anyone get to see SFB at Stern Grove?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):